To apply for a rebate, the applicant, the vehicle(s) or trailer(s) and the devices/technologies must meet the program’s eligibility criteria, as listed below. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact the Service Provider.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be a private sector, for-profit organization, including carriers and owner-operators; a municipal government established by or under provincial statute or a municipal organization; a not-for-profit organization; an Indigenous government or organization; or a public sector body or board established under provincial legislation;
- be the registered owner or lessee of the eligible vehicle or trailer for which upgrades are sought, and the registration must be valid at the time of application. The applicant must have the legal authority to modify the vehicle or trailer for which fuel saving device(s) will be installed (proof of ownership or permission of the lessor will be required);
- must have a valid Manitoba National Safety Code (or Safety Fitness Certificate);
- equipment installation must occur in the Province of Manitoba;
- consent to an audit of the vehicle or trailer for which upgrades are sought; and
- consent to provide data to the Service Provider as outlined in the terms and conditions of an approved application.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR VEHICLES OR TRAILERS
Vehicles and/or trailers must meet the following criteria:
- Be an existing registered vehicle within one of the allowed weight classes (see table below), or associated trailer:
|Heavy-duty vehicle having a GVWR* of more than:
|…not more than:
*Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR)